Marshmallows and sweet potatoes are a classic Thanksgiving side dish pairing; now try them in a bite size!
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 40 bites | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes about 2" in diameter, peeled
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup toasted pecan pieces
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper and garlic.
- Slice sweet potatoes into ⅛”-¼” thick rounds. Place slices on baking sheet; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, flipping each round about halfway through, until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; mix in pecans.
- Divide pecan mixture evenly between sweet potatoes; top each with 1-2 marshmallows. Return to oven for 3-5 minutes until marshmallows puff and start to toast.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 35, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2g (3% DV), Saturated Fat 0.5g (2% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol < 5mg (1% DV), Sodium 25mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.