A little bit cornbread, a little bit soufflé, and lots of tasty!
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Total: 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs, separated
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a 3-quart sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add corn; cook 3 minutes. Add 1½ cups milk and cornmeal. Cook 2-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together remaining milk, honey, salt, cayenne pepper and egg yolks. Add to corn mixture and stir until smooth.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into corn mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 38-42 minutes until golden brown and set in the center. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.