Chopped spinach and Parmesan join forces to make this uncomplicated appetizer completely irresistible.
Cook time: 20-22 min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: 48 mushroom caps
- 48 fresh whole baby portabella, cremini, or white mushrooms (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ½ cup Progresso® panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Remove stems from mushroom caps; reserve caps. Discard stems. In large bowl, mix cream cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the salt and both peppers until well blended. Spoon into mushroom caps, mounding slightly. Place mushrooms in ungreased 17x12-inch half-sheet pan.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over filled mushroom caps, pressing lightly.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.