New Year’s resolutions don’t mean you need to ban your favorite snacks… just make them healthy! These tasty bites are loaded with protein and nutrients, which keep your energy strong as you bite into the New Year.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 8 (24 pieces) | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper powder
- 6 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 1 lb. Simple Truth™ Natural Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 3 Simple Truth™ Cage Free Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Finely Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- ½ cup Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. green onion minced
- 1 tsp. Simple Truth™ Chipotle Pepper Hot Sauce
- Other dip options: Salsa, sour cream, or Paleo Ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the onion, garlic, chili powder and chipotle powder. Cook until onion is softened. Stir in the baby spinach and cover for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is completely wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Lightly oil a mini-muffin tin. Add the ground poultry, eggs and cheese to the cooled spinach mixture and scoop into mini-muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the bites from the muffin tins and serve with a dip made by mixing mayonnaise, green onion and hot sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 300, Calories from Fat 210, Total Fat 25g (38% DV), Saturated Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates 4g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.