If you’re serving a crowd, this warm and toasty spin on apple cider is the way to do it. If you want to make your guests feel really special, take the extra few seconds to rim the glass with cinnamon-sugar and garnish with an apple wheel.
Hands-on Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 4 hrs. 15 mins
Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 6 cups Kroger Cranberry Juice
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 orange, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 apples
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine apple cider, cranberry juice, brown sugar and honey; stir to combine. Add orange slices and cranberries.
- Secure cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a small cheesecloth bundle. Add to slow cooker. Cover; cook 4 hours on low until heated through and flavors are blended. Remove and discard cheesecloth bundle.
- Just before serving, slice apples horizontally for 12 rounds total. Place cinnamon-sugar on small plate. For each serving, cut slit in 1 apple slice, then rub slit around rim of mug to moisten. Rim mug with cinnamon-sugar by pressing moistened rim into cinnamon-sugar on plate. Ladle 1 cup spiced cider into mug. Garnish with apple slice.
- Strain and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 200, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 51g (17% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 45g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 110%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.