A make-ahead recipe for a tasty, easy and tender beef stew packed with flavor.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 9hrs. 15 min. | Serves: 4 to 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat, cut into 1½” chunks
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- Heat 12” non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add seasoned beef with salt and pepper and cook turning frequently until all sides are seared. Work in batches, if necessary.
- In a 3-4 quart slow cooker, place vegetables, meat, broth, wine and thyme.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low heat.
- Spoon into serving platter. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 520, Calories from Fat 340, Total Fat 38g (58% DV), Saturated Fat 16g (80% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates 15g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.