Created by: Nicole Leggio, Cooking for Keeps
Game day is all about the food, and usually it’s heavy, fattening and high in calories. But it doesn’t have to be! This cheesy corn dip is delicious and light, while keeping the same sweet, creamy, flavor we all love.
- ½ Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen yellow corn
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a small 1 quart casserole dish.
- Heat a medium sauté pan to medium heat. Add butter, onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and salt. Sauté until corn has defrosted, about 1-2 minutes. Add cream cheese and stir until it’s melted. Add in Greek yogurt and cheese, stirring until combined.
- Transfer dip to prepared casserole dish. Bake until hot and cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with chips or crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers.