Try this fast, healthy and hearty side dish…tastes great with chicken or pork!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch kale, removed from stem and chopped
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat; add shallot and apple. Cook 3-5 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Add kale, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes until wilted. Add vinegar and cranberries and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 110, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 3g (5% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates 23g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 13g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.