This bite-sized version of a Thanksgiving classic is perfect for a fun and casual friendsgiving celebration.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 40 min. | Serves: 44 bites | Difficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. spicy ground sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 package (12 oz.) herb seasoned dried cubed stuffing mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F. Butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray 44 mini muffin cups; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat cook sausage, crumbling until brown and fat starts to render; add onions and celery. Cook 3-5 minutes until vegetables are softened and sausage is cooked through. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Place stuffing mix in a large bowl. Add broth mixture, stirring until liquid is absorbed. Add egg and parsley; mix thoroughly.
- Press about 2 tablespoons of mixture into each muffin cup. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 50, Calories from Fat 15, Total Fat 2g (3% DV), Saturated Fat 0.5g (2% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates 6g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (2% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.