Essential autumn ingredients bake beautifully together, topped with pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 60 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, grated
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. pie pumpkin, winter squash or sweet potatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into ½” slices
- 3 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½” slices
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl mix the melted coconut oil with pumpkin pie spice, ginger root, salt and pepper. Toss in the squash and apples and mix well to coat. Arrange the squash and apples in a large 8”x12” baking dish.
- Cover the squash and apples with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes covered. After 20 minutes, remove the foil, top with the pecans and drizzle with maple syrup and return the pan to the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender and nuts are toasted.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 220, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 10g (15% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 90mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 34g (11% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 18g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 360%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.