This rib eye steak bursts with flavor when topped with fire roasted tomatoes in basil pesto.
Hands On:10 | Total: 25 | Makes: 2 servings (1 steak each)
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 14.5-oz can) drained Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 boneless beef rib eye steaks (2 steaks = 3/4 lb)
- Preheat broiler. Mix drained tomatoes and pesto in small bowl until blended; set aside. Spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray. Place steaks on rack; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler. Turn steaks over; spread tomato mixture over steaks. Broil 5 to 6 minutes more or until medium done (160°F).
- An outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan may be used to cook steaks in place of the broiler, if desired.