Fill this salad with your favorite fruits to add a zestful taste and texture for a light side dish.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 6-8 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ mango, peeled and chopped
- ½ kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 bag (8 oz.) spinach
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions and set aside.
- For the dressing: combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- For the salad: place spinach in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked quinoa. Toss until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 150, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 16g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 6g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.