Peanut butter cups and a whipped frosting elevate these brownies to a new level of decadence.
Cook time: 25 minutes | Prep time: 22 minutes | Serves: 24 | Yields: 24 dessert bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey's® Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups (Regular or Snack size)
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Additional Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9 baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond pan sides. Grease foil.
- Stir together butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Gradually add eggs, beating thoroughly. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie is set. (Brownie is fudgy and will not test done.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups; chop into small pieces. Set aside. Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until well blended. Add powdered sugar, blending thoroughly. Fold in whipped topping. Gently stir in peanut butter cup pieces; spread mixture over brownie.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Using foil as handles, lift dessert out of pan. Peel back foil. Cut into bars. Serve bars in paper dessert cups. Garnish with additional peanut butter cup pieces, if desired.