Created by: Erin Sellin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
A new year means it’s time for resolutions, and I think the most common one is to eat better and lose weight. If you make your own snacks, you know exactly what you are eating, plus you can cater them to what you like!
These peanut butter banana bites are easy energy boosters that don’t require an oven or any heat. Plus, they are a great use of bananas at the end of their life. Just mash them up, add a few other pantry staple ingredients, and roll into bites. I use protein powder to help bind them together, but you could use flax meal too. Both will add lots of nutrition and help absorb the moisture, so they stick together. These homemade snacks are packed with healthy ingredients, so you will feel good about eating them!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2½ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup flax meal (or vanilla protein powder)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Roll into approximately 30 1” balls.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.