This lime-kissed margarita cake is entirely virgin, but if you get the urge to sprinkle a little sea salt on the top, we would certainly understand.
Cook time: 34-39 min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 3/4 cup bottled nonalcoholic margarita mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime peel
- 3 egg whites
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional grated lime peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only and lightly flour 13x9-inch pan, or spray bottom with baking spray with flour. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients. Sprinkle evenly on bottom of pan; press gently.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake 34 to 39 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Frost with whipped topping; sprinkle with additional lime peel. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.