No need to learn how to flip an omelet for a successful brunch. With a pre-made piecrust and little time in the oven, it’s easy to whip up an egg dish that will have guests serving themselves in seconds.
Cook time: 38-43 min | Prep time: X min | Serves: X | Yields: X
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400°F. Wash leeks; remove any tough outer leaves. Trim roots from white bulb portion; cut leeks lengthwise and wash well. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices to make about 4 cups; set aside.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Partially bake crust 8 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender but not brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk. Stir in milk, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Stir in cooked leeks. Pour mixture into partially baked crust.
- Bake quiche 10 minutes. Cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before serving.