Antioxidant-rich kale replaces cabbage in this filling Irish favorite!
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Kroger® Half & Half, warmed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Additional butter for serving
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil and cook 15-18 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and green onions and cook 4-6 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Add kale mixture to potatoes and mash. Add half & half and salt. Continue mashing until potatoes are well smashed and mixed with the greens. Serve with additional butter.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 290, Calories from Fat 140, Total Fat 15g (23% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates 35g (12% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 80%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.