Wrap up the holiday with a ‘remix’ of the tasty tidbits left in your refrigerator.
Hands-on Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 5 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 whole grain 8” tortillas
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. Chipotle salsa or your favorite salsa or hot sauce
- 2 cups mashed squash, sweet potatoes or potatoes
- 2 cups dark leafy greens, such as baby kale, spinach or arugula or roasted asparagus
- 8 oz. turkey meat, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar
- Warm tortillas. Mix the cranberry sauce and salsa together and spread evenly on each tortilla.
- Fill each tortilla with mashed sweet potatoes, greens, sliced turkey and sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
- Wrap the tortilla around the filling. Refrigerate leftovers.
Try some other leftover upgrades:
- Mix ¼ cup pesto into 1 cup mashed potatoes
- Mix ½ cup squash or sweet potato puree into prepared hummus
- Mix 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard with 2 Tbsp. cranberry sauce
- Mix 1-2 tsp. Sriracha into ¼ cup cranberry sauce
Per serving: Calories 390, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 13g (20% DV), Saturated Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 1400mg (58% DV), Carbohydrates 46g (15% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 11g, Protein 22g, Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%.