Created by: Erin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Start your Valentine’s Day off right with a fun, heart-shaped breakfast. This French toast is a snap to make — just use a cookie cutter to cut out the heart shapes. Top it with a little Nutella and berries and you’ve got a decadent, delicious way to start the day with your significant other.
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Nutella and berries to serve
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Preheat large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the Texas toast slices.
- Place heart-shaped bread into egg mixture and flip to evenly coat. Repeat with all the slices of bread. Place in hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with Nutella and berries. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.