Dress up these crispy bars for St. Patrick's Day with a festive pop of green, mint and chocolate, plus sprinkles for a Leprechaun friendly touch.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 24 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter
- 1 package (16 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 8-10 drops green food coloring
- 1 package (9 oz.) crisp rice cereal (about 8 cups)
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Assorted green, white and gold sprinkles
- Butter or spray a 9"x13" pan; set aside. Measure out 2 cups of marshmallows; set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place butter and microwave 30 seconds or until melted. Add remaining marshmallows. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until marshmallows are melted. Add vanilla, mint and food coloring. Stir to combine.
- Working quickly, add cereal and reserved marshmallows. Press into prepared pan.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted. Spread on bars and immediately top with sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Per serving: Calories 200, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 100mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 32g (11% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 20g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 0%, Iron 15%.