This two-cheese spread takes a little planning to prepare, but the steps are simple – and the results are heavenly.
Cook time: 40-45 min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (4 ounces)
- 3/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Assorted crackers, if desired
- Heat oven to 325º. Line outside of spring form pan, 9x3 inches with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray inside of pan with cooking spray; sprinkle ground walnuts over bottom.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until smooth. Stir in sour cream, cheese and pepper just until blended. Spoon evenly over walnuts in pan.
- Place spring form in large roasting pan; pour hot water into roasting pan until one-fourth full. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from roasting pan. Run knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Cool completely at room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 48 hours. Remove side of pan. Garnish with toasted walnuts. Cut into wedges. Serve with crackers.