Orange zest brightens the natural flavor of this fruity take on salsa, while the accompanying cinnamon crisps offer a sweet crunch.
Cook time: 6-8 min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos, 8 inch (from 11.5-oz package)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 small orange
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium peach, peeled, pitted and finely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple jelly
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with water. Lightly sprinkle about 1/2 tsp. sugar-cinnamon mixture over each side of each tortilla. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from orange; squeeze orange to make about 1/4 cup juice. In medium bowl, mix orange peel, orange juice and remaining salsa ingredients.
- If desired, garnish salsa with strawberry fan. Serve salsa with cinnamon crisps.