Eggnog boosts the time-honored Bundt cake to new heights by lending it the subtle, sweet-and-spicy flavors of a traditional creamy holiday beverage. The nutmeg icing sweetens the deal!
Hands-On Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Serves: 20 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. rum or bourbon, or 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325°F. Coat a 12-cup, fluted tube pan with baking spray. Or, coat with cooking spray, then dust with flour and shake out the excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar; beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then beat in rum and vanilla, until combined. Switch to low speed and alternately beat in eggnog and flour mixture until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 65-70 minutes (until wooden pick inserted halfway between middle and side of pan comes out clean). Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Use knife to carefully cut cake away from sides of pan. Remove cake from pan and transfer to wire rack, to continue cooling.
- To make icing, in a bowl, stir together powdered sugar, cream, nutmeg and cinnamon, until well-blended. Pour icing over warm cake. Decorate as desired.
Per serving: Calories 260, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g (17% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 38g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (2% DV), Sugars 24g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.