This quick and easy casserole has all the family favorite flavors of chicken parmigiana without the work of breading and frying chicken. Pairs well with pilsner and Chianti red wine.
Hands-on Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Kroger® Salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1½" cubes
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Kroger® Grated Italian Style 5 Cheese Blend
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- ¼ cup Kroger® 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil or oregano, chopped, if desired
- Hot cooked pasta tossed with olive oil, if desired
- Position oven rack in upper ⅓ of oven. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13"x9" baking dish (3 quart) with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; add chicken cubes and toss until coated.
- Spread floured chicken in single layer in baking dish. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake on upper rack 15- 18 minutes or until light golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Pour marinara sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with shredded and grated cheeses. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, casserole is bubbly and interior temperature of chicken pieces is at least 165°F.
- Mix breadcrumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown; sprinkle with herbs. Serve alone or with hot cooked pasta.
Per serving: Calories 390, Calories from Fat 170, Total Fat 18g (28% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 1220mg (51% DV), Carbohydrates 15g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 30%, Iron 8%.