Top this irresistible sausage dip with a sprinkle of extra cheese and chopped scallions, then stand back and watch your party guests sprint to the buffet!
Cook Time: (X) min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: 14 | Yields: 14
- 3/4 lb. hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped green and red peppers
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese or white cheddar cheese
- WHEAT THINS Crackers® or RITZ® Toasted Chips
- Crumble sausage into medium saucepan; cook on medium-high heat 2 min., stirring frequently. Add peppers; cook and stir 1 min. or until sausage is done.
- Remove sausage mixture from pan with slotted spoon; set aside. Whisk flour into drippings in pan until blended; cook and stir 1 min. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 2 min., stirring occasionally.
- Return sausage mixture to pan. Add cheese; cook 2 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Serve with WHEAT THINS or RITZ.