Using a recipe starter sauce makes preparing this savory fondue as easy as turning on a burner.
Cook time: X min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: X | Yields: X
- 18 oz. Progresso® Recipe Starters® creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- ½ tsp. ground mustard
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- french or sourdough bread, cut into chunks, or pretzel rods, if desired
- garnishes, if desired
- chopped fresh chives or parsley
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat cooking sauce and ground mustard to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in beer until well blended.
- Pour cheese mixture into electric or ceramic fondue pot over low heat.
- Sprinkle with chives. Using fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip bread pieces or pretzels into warm cheese mixture.