Created by: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Products
Looking for fresh spring gift ideas? Surprise your friends, family, and neighbors with a can of ready-to-plant herbs.
This easy-to-make upcycled gift will give them a head start on their spring garden. Once the herbs emerge, they will be ready for sharing.What You'll Need:
- Empty tin can
- Hammer and screwdriver
- Potting soil
- Herb seeds
- Glue stick or tape
- Wash your tin can inside and out to remove all residue.
- Flip the can upside down and punch a few holes with the hammer and screwdriver.
- Place a layer of small rocks or pebbles at the bottom of the can. Then fill it ¾ the way with potting soil.
- Place 2 or 3 seeds just beneath the surface. Once they are buried, cover them with a thin layer of soil.
- Water your seeds. The soil should be damp, not soaked. Make sure to keep the soil moist. Now place the can in an area where it will receive plenty of natural light.
- Decorate and label your can. Once your herbs have emerged from the soil, your gift will be ready to go.